We want to protect your privacy and confidentiality however we also need to use and process the information you provide us with in order to make sure that your travel arrangements run smoothly and meet your requirements. We understand that all users of our site and our services are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not fall into the hands of a third party unless that is required as part of the service or to provide the service. This policy explains how we use your data. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us.
The processing of personal data in the UK is controlled by the Data Protection Act 1998. Web Travel Services Ltd is registered as a data controller under the act and our registration number is ZA203091.
Information we collect to provide the service.
Here is a list of the information we collect, and why it is necessary to collect it:
- We will collect personal identification information, personal contact information plus information you provide us with so that we may provide the services you require. This also means passing that information on to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements such as airlines, hotels, transport companies, tour operators etc.
- This information may relate to special needs, dietary requirements, travel arrangements or include any other personal information which will help us and those relevant suppliers to provide you with the travel arrangements you require or information that may be required to make those arrangements run smoothly and meet your expectations.
- This information is used:
- to provide you with the services which you request. This involves sharing that information with third party suppliers of relevant services and or tour operators or other principals. Those third parties will in turn operate their own privacy policies. They will need to pass the information on to other relevant suppliers. You can find out about their privacy policies in their brochures or by asking them.
- to maintain our accounts;
- for billing;
- to enable us to answer your enquiries;
- for verifying your identity for security purposes;
- for marketing our services and products as laid down in our registration under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- to help make our web site as useful to you as possible;
- as part of information which does not identify any individual but may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
Providing information to third parties.
In order to provide the service to you we will need to provide your information to relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements and other services. Some of these relevant suppliers may be situated outside of the United Kingdom (UK), or be out side of the European Economic Area (EEA). Controls on data in those countries may not be as strong as they are in the UK or EEA. We will not pass your information on to any person who is not involved directly or indirectly or responsible for part of your travel arrangements. This applies to any information you give us including sensitive information such as dietary or religious requirements. If we can not pass this information on then we can not provide your booking. In making any booking with us we take that to be your consent to us providing your information to the relevant parties. If you want to know about their privacy policies then please read the brochures for details or contact them or ask us to help you find out more about their privacy policies.
Providing information for our business usage.
Like any other firm we also use the business services of others. This can cover professional advisers, accountants, data recovery and back up services, financial services, web site designers and many more services. In certain situations these parties may gain access to your information when supplying their services to us. We limit their access to your information where it is viable and reasonable to do so but sometimes it is necessary. For instance when we back up data.
Information collected when you log on to the web site.
- By logging on to our web site your domain name and e‑mail address
are recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. Your IP address is collected automatically. The name and release number of your browser software used is collected and the date and time of your access to our site. The ULR of any referral web site link is also captured.
This information is used:
- in a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site;
- to send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
- to tell you about other of our services.
- And to make it easier for you to use our web site.
- Your browser software can be set to reject all cookies or to ask if you would like to accept or decline a cookie from a particular site. Most browsers offer instructions via their help button on how to remove cookies. Please note that rejecting cookies may reduce or prohibit how certain functions/conveniences of the site work.
Financial information, including credit card details
Where we collect this information then it is used for the payment for goods and services you have ordered from us or for a deposit on such goods or services.
When this information is taken on line then we try to do so in a secure way. That may be achieved by taking the information through a secure page. You will note that this page has a web address starting “https”, not “http”. The additional “s” denotes its secure status. Where this is done it is not us who certify that the page is secure but another party who has arranged that for us. We may also use automatic encryption as a method of providing security.
Your financial information must also be passed to our contracted merchant service provider who will automatically arrange the transfer from your bank account to ours.
We may store the information on our servers, to save you having to re-enter it when you buy from us again. When we do that we delete such data after a given time has elapsed.
We may provide information to security and credit checking companies.
Information volunteered by you
Where you volunteer information to us for a specific purpose which has not been dealt with in the privacy statement then we shall only use that information for that particular purpose for example a personal profile, survey, job application form, or contest. This information will be used exclusively for the purpose for which you have provided it. If this information is disclosed to third parties only where the third party concerned qualifies in whatever way the web site page requires.
This is information given to us in the course of your business and ours such as in relation to your application to partner with us or advertise with us. Such information is retained for business use only. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship unless of course the disclosure of such relationship is required in order to be open with our customers. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect you and any partner to reciprocate this policy.
Disclosure to Government
We may have to disclose information to Government and their agencies. We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorization such as a search warrant or court order. Information may also be supplied to customs and immigration if required by them.
At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by writing to Richard Jenkins at Web Travel Services Ltd, 106 Wenallt Rd, Rhiwbina, Cardiff, CF4 6TP
We require a small fee payment of £10 to cover the cost of handling your request and we will also request some information in order to verify your identity before providing you with the information we hold on file about you.
On-line advertising such as banner ads
Providing information on behalf of another
It is common practice for one party of a travelling group to provide information about another travelling party member. Where you provide information on behalf of another party then we will assume that you have obtained their consent to do so and that by completing any booking form including their name and details that in doing so you show by your actions that you have their full consent.
This confidentiality policy has been compiled so as to comply with current UK, US and EU legislation, so far as we are aware. If you have any question regarding the confidentiality policy, please contact us.